Established in 1948, Oilweek is Canada’s leading publication covering the oil and gas industry. Dubbed “the oil and gas authority,” readers trust Oilweek to deliver insight, analysis and an in-depth understanding of issues and trends of importance to their business. With offices in both Calgary and Edmonton, Oilweek editors and reporters are tapped in to the communities that drive the business of energy in Canada.
Oilweek Online @ oilweek.com
Each day, more and more readers from across the globe visit oilweek.com for the latest news and analysis of Canada’s petroleum industry. Oilweek.com provides subscribers with digital access to Oilweek, including archived issues with the ability to search by article or keyword, plus key industry statistics not featured in the monthly magazines. Click here to subscribe.
Maps and Charts
Oilweek is recognized in the oil and gas industry for its specialized wall charts and maps, which are published monthly and distributed to subscribers. These information-rich materials provide relevant and up-to-date information that is often referred to on a daily basis by those working in the oil and gas industry. Oilweek’s technical maps and charts cover a wide variety of topics ranging from drilling fluids to sour gas to heavy oil. Please refer to the JWN Maps & Charts media guide for a detailed review of what is planned for 2011.
Unconventional Gas Guide
Published and distributed with the October issue of Oilweek, the Unconventional Gas Guide showcases the latest innovations and technologies while discussing the challenges and opportunities of this increasingly important sector and its contributions to the future energy mix.
Annual Report Awards
Held each November, the Annual Report Awards ceremony is a joint initiative between Oilweek and ATB Financial honouring the best annual reports in the oil and gas sector. For the past 35 years, this event has promoted excellence in editorial and financial reporting in the Canadian oil and gas industry. The event itself is an elegant luncheon at Calgary’s BMO Centre honouring the winners, and draws a crowd of over 300 attendees. Winners are profiled in the January issue of Oilweek.
Oilweek Speaker Series
Each year, JuneWarren-Nickle’s Energy Group presents a select number of Speaker Series events, extending our expert oil and gas coverage to timely and relevant conversations with the same subject-matter experts that we feature in the pages of our magazines. Oilweek will host one of these events focusing on the business of energy. The audience at these breakfast events is comprised of 150 C-level executives and other influential attendees operating in the Canadian oil and gas industry.
Top 100 Breakfast
The Oilweek Top 100 Breakfast, dubbed our breakfast of champions, takes place each year in mid-June, just as we release our Top 100 issue. Touted as one of the most popular Oilweek issues for nearly 40 years, our Top 100 magazine is a reader favourite. Building on this popularity, our breakfast gives attendees a sneak-peek at our Top 100 data, including production, reserves, landholdings and employment figures.
Rising Stars Gala
Following the release of the May issue of Oilweek, our Rising Stars are honoured at a cocktail reception held at a swank downtown Calgary venue, in the month of June. The reception of 150 industry VIPs includes current and past Rising Stars and key members of industry.
Catering to those with an interest in the upstream oil and gas industry, Oilweek is committed to providing high-quality, timely, and relevant editorial coverage that focuses on both national and international oil and gas activity.
- Front Lines: An editorial perspective on current industry developments.
- The Patch: From news briefs, updates and notable events to interesting tidbits about those making a difference in Canada’s energy industry, you’ll be surprised at what you find in the Patch. It’s a vibrant section that is anything but predictable.
- Renewable and Alternative Energy: A look at the renewable and alternative energies that comprise Canada’s energy mix.
- Rewind: A showcase of historical events reported in Oilweek in decades past.
- Profiles in the Patch: Meet the fascinating people of the Canadian energy industry.
- Off the Shelf: Capsule commentaries of suggested reading for oil and gas executives. (NEW!)
- Taking the Pulse: On-the-street interviews on topical issues, with video posted to oilweek.com. (NEW!)
Keeping you in the loop on what industry insiders have to say about oil and gas. In Canada and North America, and around the world, this section features both guest writers and a regular stable of commentators including:
- David Yager: Industry executive and long-time Oilweek columnist sounding out on the business of oil and gas.
- Leah Lawrence: Political enthusiast, commenting on how American politics and policy affect the Canadian industry.
- Wes Reid: With his uniquely East Coast view, opining on events shaping the offshore industry.